Driving a motorcycle or ATV can be an exciting experience that is entirely different from driving a car. Insurance coverage for an ATV or motorcycle should also differ from the one for a car. 

Finding the right insurance agency that provides the best coverage and giving you peace of mind while traveling can be challenging. Here at Yeager Insurance & Financial Services, we have comprehensive services that meet all drivers and budgets’ needs.

Motorcycle and ATV Insurance: What Do They Cover? 

Depending on the type of policy you need, a motorcycle or ATV insurance will offer:

  • Liability coverage – covers bodily injuries or damages caused to others in an accident. It typically has a limit of $25,000 per person per accident
  • Collision coverage – covers the damages caused in a casualty to your motorcycle or ATV
  • Medical payments – optional coverage for eventual medical treatments you would need following an accident
  • Comprehensive coverage covers all types of damages caused by collisions, vandalism, theft, or fire

Drivers and motorists should note that these coverage options can only apply if the policyholder adheres to all instructions and vehicle restrictions. 

What Type of Coverage Do I Need? 

You may need one or more of the insurance coverage options above to drive on the road legally. However, ATVs are not always street-legal, and you might only be required to have liability coverage if you are driving in specific areas.

Instead, motorcycle insurance is necessary for most states. In West Virginia, bodily injury and property damage insurance are required to drive your motorcycle legally. An expert agency will be able to guide you in the right direction to meet all state requirements.

You also will want to consider add-ons such as:

  • Trip interruption coverage
  • Transport trailer coverage
  • Custom parts coverage
  • Roadside assistance

How are Motorcycle and ATV Insurance Different from Car Insurance? 

Due to the differences in physical characteristics and risk involved, car insurance policies are very different from motorcycle and ATV insurance policies.

For car insurance, an insurance company will assume that you will be carrying a passenger, that there are fewer personal injury risks, and that you won’t need any special gear. 

Instead, motorcycle insurance will mainly cover the driver (if without add-ons), protective gear damages (such as a helmet), and damages to other drivers and objects. 

Since the winter months prove to be impractical to drive an ATV or motorbike, you will be able to modify your insurance plan to fit the time frame in which you will operate your recreational vehicle. 

Which Insurance is Best for My Family and Me?

Depending on the driver’s personal needs, several packages can be perfectly suited for you and your family. However, before committing to a specific insurance policy, it is always recommendable to speak to a professional agency. Call Yeager Insurance & Financial Services to talk with an insurance agent and get you the best coverage during these times of uncertainty.